Theory of Knowledge (first assessment 2015).
The TOK Essay is marked against 4 criteria (A-D). I will explain these criteria to sensitize you on what to look out for when you write the essay. I n this edition I will give you a brief introduction into the marking criteria for the TOK essay. A. Understanding knowledge issues.
TOK Essay Marking Grid 1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8 9-10 Understanding Knowledge Issues Does the essay demonstrate understanding of knowledge issues relevant to the question? Does it demonstrate an awareness of the connections between knowledge issues, AoKs and WoKs The essay includes very little treatment of knowledge issues that.
TOK Essay Guide Our hugely popular 42-page TOK Essay Guide takes you through the two assessment criteria, and gives you step-by-step advice on writing the TOK essay. It also includes a consideration of the latest examiners’ report, outlining some of the most common mistakes made by students in their essays.
Generally your summative assignment (a presentation or a writing piece) will be worth 60% and the remaining 40% will come from homework and classwork. However In the first semester of Year 11 (Quarter 1 and 2) we will weight your work slightly differently than in the rest of the two-year course. We will count your quarterly sumative assignment for only 40% of the course.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.
The essay is well organized with paragraphs devoted to claims and counterclaims with respect to whether doubt has a role in knowledge acquisition, and, if so, whether that role is positive or negative. The arguments are clear, supported by good examples, and some effective links to the history and arts.
TOK Essay :Self and Peer Review; Final Presentation: Individual, Free Choice Topic, Video; Planning your TOK Prescribed Title Essay; Consciousness: The Secret You (BBC documentary) Parent Night: All about TOK; Archives. January 2014; December 2013; September 2013; August 2013; July 2013; June 2013; May 2013; April 2013; March 2013; February.
My ToK essay marking and assessment of course includes comments on content, style and argument structure; but also spelling, punctuation and grammar. As an experienced examiner for various examination boards, including the IB, I provide expert reviewing and marking of draft ToK essays.
Stage 3 project marking criteria. Section Marking Criteria. This guide is to help markers provide marks for each section of the project report and to help them more clearly justify their final mark. Please note that the sections for the marking scheme assume the project is a standard, investigative project.
Theory of knowledge guide 51 Assessment Assessment outline First assessment 2015 The assessment model in theory of knowledge (TOK) has two components, both of which should be completed within the 100 hours designated for the course. Both the essay and the presentation are assessed using global impression marking. The essay contributes.
Further instructions for TOK essay and TOK presentation. TOKFurtherInstructions.pptx 55 kt.. I highly recommend you to read couple of these sample essays in order to undrstand the assessment criteria for TOK essay. 50 excellent TOK essays. This website has 50 examples of outsanding TOK essays from 2008 and 2009 examination sessions.
Past papers and marking instructions.. All QP Marking Instructions PDF (330KB) Select to download Int1 - english instructions, 2015. 2015: Intermediate 1: Writing Folio Marking Instruction PDF (228KB) Select to download Int1 - english instructions, 2015.
Assessment of TOK. The TOK course is assessed through an oral presentation and a 1600 word essay. The presentation assesses the ability of the student to apply TOK thinking to a real-life situation, while the essay takes a more conceptual starting point.
Here are my top tips for getting to top marks on your Theory of Knowledge essay. 1. All ToK essays are cross-disciplinary; they are never just about one way of knowing (perception, language, reason, etc) or one area of knowledge (mathematics, natural sciences, human sciences, history, etc).
General Marking Principles for the portfolio This information is provided to help you understand the general principles you must apply when marking candidate responses to this portfolio. These principles must be read in conjunction with the Detailed Marking Instructions, which identify the key features required in candidate responses.
Theory of knowledge guide 1 Introduction Purpose of this document This publication is intended to guide the planning, teaching and assessment of theory of knowledge (TOK) in schools. TOK teachers are the primary audience, although it is expected that teachers will use the guide to inform students and parents about the course.